Monday, November 10, 2014

Cambie Dress

Unfortunately I had a need for a black dress a couple of months ago.  I had gained some weight since the last time I needed to wear one so my old one was not an option. 

I tried to make the best of the situation by making myself a Cambie Dress.  I bought some black peachskin from JoAnn's as well as black lining fabric.  I've never lined any of my garments so I was a little nervous.

 

 So while I wish I didn't need to make this dress, I'm so glad I did!  It is a little fancy for my work so I have plans to make another using a fun clearance sheet I found at Target a couple of weeks ago.

 
I feel that this is honestly one of the best fitting and most flattering garments I've ever made!!


An invisible zipper, another first for me.  I made it a little TOO invisible on my first attempt and couldn't get it zipped up.  I unpicked a bit of the lining and used a ladder stitch to redo it, and voila! no more problems :).

I will definitely be making more of these in the future!!

No comments:

Post a Comment