Monday, August 5, 2013

Keeping Up

Last week's post about the Star Surround QAL was written and published from my phone :(.

So, a little more about it...

I chose to use a fat quarter bundle of Rock 'n Romance by Pat Bravo that I had been hoarding for quite awhile.  I only needed 16 of the fat quarters so the others will most likely be made into a coordinating pillow cover (or two or three).  My living room has no natural light and therefore needs to be decorated with bright, fun, vibrant colors, but every time I try to redo it, I gravitate toward the darker purples (I don't even like purple!!!)  Point is, this may end up being the first of our new decor for the living room.  I still haven't made a non-holiday quilt for our little family and that needs to change!  For the background I'm using a solid cream.  I'm going with the scrappy version (hence the 16 fat quarters) and spent Monday night pairing up my fabrics for the blocks, Tuesday sewing the triangles together, and the rest of the week trimming them down to size.  I thought that Melissa might have given us the impossible goal but I FINALLY finished them up yesterday afternoon! 

1 comment:

  1. Yippee for sticking with that trimming. I know, its a little daunting. And I love purple, this fabrics are just going to be stunning!!

    ReplyDelete