Friday, March 1, 2013

There's a Reason

WARNING:  This post is kind of all over the place-- :P

Lately I haven't been quite as productive as usual.  I haven't been able to do any sewing in the evenings because I have been exhausted and have had absolutely no energy.  BUT there is a reason and hopefully I will start to feel a little better before too long.


Baby #2 is due October 19th.  I'm trying to figure out how we're going to make it all work.  We have a small three bedroom house (one of the bedrooms is my sewing room) and I'm not quite sure how we're all going to fit...at least I have a little time to figure it all out :)
On to quilty things:


I am going to attempt to finish my Scrappy Swoon Quilt in hopes of entering it into the Sew-vivor Competition.  It is the thing that I am most proud of creating to date.  The only problem is that the deadline is March 11th, I have to spend the next two weekends doing birthday prep and the actual party, and the top isn't even complete, not to mention the quilting and binding!
Happy, non-stressful things:
 I got packages in the mail!


I finally got some of the Olive the Ostrich fabrics!  I have been wanting these since I found out about them.  One of my Triple Zip Pouches was the random winner of a gift certificate to Pink Chalk Fabrics.  I also picked out a few good fabrics to have one hand just in case.


I also won a pack of Aurifil thread!  I've never used it before but have heard wonderful things.

I also signed up for a free motion quilting class at our LQS for the end of the month and am so excited!

My March Goals:
  1. Make 20+ earbud pouches to fill orders and stock up my shop.
  2. Make 10+ zippered pouches for craft show inventory
  3. Finish piecing, quilt, & bind my Scrappy Swoon Quilt.
  4. Woodland Sampler March Block
  5. Mystery Round Robin Borders
And if I have time:
  1. OKC MQG February & March Blocks
  2. And Sew On February & March Blocks
  3. Sugar Club March Block
  4. Lucky Stars March Block
  5. Orbit Quilt
  6. Which Way Quilt
  7. 3 Sea of Stars Blocks
It seems like a lot but I may enlist the help of a babysitter one or two days to help me get caught up!

Hope everyone has a great day!

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations Angela! How exciting for you & your family... get your quilting done now ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Having 2 little ones will definitely keep your hands very full.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your wonderful news, don't overdo it. You have set yourself a lot to do in March. I have made some pretty hearts with the fabric I won in your give away. I will try and take some photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I saw your adorable pin cushion over at Nostalgic Cafe and had to stop by and say hi.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ACK! Congratulations girl!!!!! :) What exciting news!

    -Amanda-

    ReplyDelete