Monday, March 25, 2013

I Think My Walking Foot Was Drunk

My Obrit top was finally basted and ready to quilt--perfect for the Friday Night Sew In!  I grabbed a Virgin Bloody Mary and got to work.  I used my walking foot with the little bar as a guide and even remembered to lengthen my stitches (remember I've only quilted three full size quilts before and two were pretty much stitch in the ditch).  I thought I was doing pretty good until I looked down and saw that my walking foot was definitely not going straight despite my guide.  Does anyone else have this problem?  And how do you fix it?!


The lines actually look straight in this one.  Either way, it's done and I'm not redoing it.  The binding is attached and just needs to be finished.



The February block of the Riley Blake Mystery BOM.  I think this will make a great little girl quilt when it's done!


A little bit of progress on the Scrappy Swoon Quilt.  Lots more blocks have been pieced.  Just a few more and I can put it all together.


 All of the strips for my Broken Herringbone quilt have been cut and divided into sections.  Can't wait to get started on MY first quilt!


I also decided on a new layout for my former Sea of Stars Quilt.  I was running out of some of my fabrics plus it was just taking me WAY too long.  I think the recipients will still enjoy it :).  Squeak was testing it out for them.  He approved!


I finished paper piecing the block for my Modern She Made Swap partner.  The center looks a little messy so I'm trying to come up with some sort of way to disguise it.  A button?  An applique?  I think it will be made into a large combination triple zip/open wide pouch.


 A little more progress to share...


 My Spring Sampler is coming along nicely


and the Winter Wonderland Sampler is slow and steady.  It only gets worked on when a have a spare minute.

Linking up with Let's Get Acquainted, Anything Goes & BOMs Away Monday.

9 comments:

  1. I love your scrappy swoon quilt block colors. They are turning out really good. Also your samplers are sooo adorable. I wish I had time to cross stitch more. I have a project that I started back in 2006 for my husband and it still isn't finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could tell you what went wrong with your walking foot, but I love your blog post title! And your attitude.... I don't allow quilt police in my presence either. You have shared sew much in this post! What a busy mom. Love the picture of a happy Squeak!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there :) The guide bar on mine slips, so I don't use it. If I really want it in the future, I'll see if I can rig up a way to keep it steady. Maybe yours is slipping, too? LOVE that scrappy Swoon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Visiting from Miss Luella's blog! I never use my walking foot. I just eyeball it. I've always had a problem with that darn walking foot! I think they get thrown off by tension settings and by shifting layers (which is ironic because that's what they are supposed to prevent). Love your work! Your baby is adorable!

    Cheery wave from
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  5. We trust our machines and look what they do sometimes.. LOL I love cross-stitching and this looks like a fun one. popping over from Anything Goes, and your Going Good !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you've lot's of projects on the go. They're all lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely projects and such an adorable little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you've been busy!!! Love the little one...how precious.

    I can't wait to see your scrappy swoon. I have swoon...maybe some day I'll actually get around to making it. =)

    Visiting from Anything Goes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That heart is GREAT!!! And I have the Christmas sampler to do, but never got around to it. I also subscribed to the Woodland Sampler. I'll be like 80 when I get it done.

    As for the walking foot guide...it could be slipping. I have had 2 machines that it slipped on. My current main machine luckily doesn't have that problem and has made it much easier for me.

    And your son is just darling!

    ReplyDelete