Monday, February 11, 2013

Progress

A few things to share today:

 I finished my Valentine Reverse Applique Pillow for the Threadbias Pretty in Patchwork Sew Along.  Last week I showed you my Christmas version of this pillow.  At the time I was okay with the way that it looked but after seeing how this one turned out I'm not quite as happy with it.


Another small finish was my pincushion for the swap at QuiltCon.  Sadly I will not be going so one of the members of our guild will swap on behalf of those not able to attend.  It's not exactly how I pictured it in my head but I did get to try hand quilting for the first time.  Hopefully someone will love it :).  I am also thinking of using these fabrics for my Pantone Challenge item.  The center fabric was the closest I could find to their version of Emerald.


And I started sewing on my Scrappy Swoon Quilt.  I have had the background pieces cut for some time now but was having trouble committing to my other fabric choices.  A not so quick trip to the LQS solved that problem.  I did run out of most of my grays so I will have to pick up a little more of those today.
  I've also cut the next three sections and hope to work on them tonight.

Another Triple Zip Pouch is ready.

And my UFO project of the week--I originally cut this wine tote as a Christmas present but changed my mind at the last minute and went with different fabrics.  Since the exterior was already cut and quilted I just needed to cut the lining and put it all together.


In other UFO news, I did tear all of the paper off of the Pervalong top (which took about an hour) and I hope to quilt it this week and get it off of my to do list :)

1 comment:

  1. I was the lucky recipient of your beautiful pincushion. I absolutely love it! It's really too pretty to stick pins in it! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete