Monday, January 21, 2013

New Pattern

My newest pattern in the On the Road series has been tested and is now available in my Craftsy shop.

 
I also had time to redo the first three blocks of my Super Penguin Quilt---much better!!!
 
 
I have two complete blocks done for the Dancing With Stars Quilt.

 
The January Block of the Riley Blake Mystery BOM.  I have to admit I was on the fence about whether or not to join in on this one.  And I wasn't too excited about my fabric choices either.  I bought them at a great price from Etsy quite awhile back but hadn't found the right project for them.  Since I'm trying to work from my stash I pulled them out and got to work.  I am LOVING the way this block looks!  If the others come out looking as good as this one, it may make a great quilt for a baby girl.

 
I picked up the rest of my Madrona Road fabrics for the challenge.  I couldn't find any solids that I liked so I picked up the Sprouts in Graphite and Haystack in Brown and Farmstead in Robins Egg for the backing.  It will have a scrappy binding to finish it off.  It is now all sewed together and ready for quilting.

 
I am always reading on people's blogs about how terrible JoAnn's, Hobby Lobby, and Hancock's are.  I have to say that I disagree.  I picked up 25 fat quarters of Denise Schmidt fabrics from various lines for less than $40 this weekend.  And 15 yards of the warm and natural batting (90" wide) for less than $80.  JoAnn's also carries Kona solids, Alexander Henry, and Legacy Studios.  And I have gotten a great deal on some Alexander Henry fabrics at Hobby Lobby.  I can't say that I actually shop at Hancock's much so I'm not sure what they have :).  I am not a paid representative for any of these stores, I just think they may have gotten a bad rap because of the quality of the fabrics that they have carried in the past but I will continue to shop at these stores buying designer and non-designer (blenders basically) fabrics at a wonderful discount.
 
 

8 comments:

  1. Love the car block! And the Penguin popsicle is adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post reminds me...I really need to get going on my Super Penguin blocks. They aren't going to make themselves!

    I like how yours turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blocks! Love the car pattern. Your Riley Blake block is just perfect in those fabrics. It will be fun to see how your quilt comes together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing paper piecing, I love the car! The Madrona Road really suits the + layout too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it, Hopping over from Lets Get Acquainted.. I loved the Vintage Holiday QAL too..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome blocks - and I love your challenge quilt :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your car block - that is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are all fantastic! The car block is darling, and I love your Super Penguin blocks too!

    ReplyDelete