Friday, January 11, 2013

Happy Dance!

I'm not usually the kind of person that gets overly excited about things but I think I may have actually done a little dance yesterday when I saw that my package from Elizabeth at Don't Call Me Betsy.  So many beautiful fabrics!
 
I cannot wait to find the perfect project and dig into them!
 
And while we're on the subject of Don't Call Me Betsy, I thought it would be a good time to show you the progress I've made on my first block for the Sea of Stars QAL. 
 
 
 I have fallen desperately behind and now the deadline for my quilt is coming up.  It is going to be a gift this spring so it really needs some attention.  It doesn't help that I am making it extremely complicated by using 2 pinks, 3 blues, and 4 browns to make the stars.  And of course I do not want any two stars to be the same so I had to sit and figure out the combos and layout that I wanted and now I have to cut each block as I go so that I don't confuse myself too bad...but I think the finished quilt will be worth the it.  And I happen to know that the person it is going to LOVES homemade items and can really appreciate the love and effort put into them.
 
And I couldn't resist sharing this photo :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment