Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Finishing Touches

The majority of my weekend was spent cleaning the house.  This involved the massive undertaking of reorganizing my fabric.  I had it stored on mini bolts (comic book boards) but after seeing the sewing rooms of other bloggers decided I liked their method of folded fabric best.  I cannot bring myself to sort ALL of it by color but most of it is.  I separated out the collections to make them easier to find and the yardage and busy prints that cannot be categorized by one color and the juvenile prints.  If I ever get it finished I'll post some pictures since that sounds about as clear as mud :).
 
I managed to get a little bit of sewing done Sunday.

 
I started and finished the two Block 13s for the How Far Will You Go QAL (linking up to BOMs Away! at What a Hoot Quilts)...

 
Added the border to my Owl Wall Hanging...

 
And quilted and cut the binding for my Polar Bear Wall Hanging.  This is the first time that I have ever done any quilting other than just outlining the blocks and it seemed to warp (I'm sure there's a proper term but I don't know it) a little and I'm not sure what I did wrong or how to prevent it in the future.  Any suggestions?


4 comments:

  1. Those are pretty blocks. And I love the way you quilted your polar bear. What a bummer that it warped. I hope somebody has input. Was that with a walking foot? Have you tried washing/drying it yet? It's still very cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I did use a walking foot (for the first time) but I haven't tried washing and drying it yet. Someone suggested a steam iron might get it back into its proper shape. I'm going to try both and see what happens. Thanks for your imput!

      Delete
  2. Love the polar bear he is so cute! I have had the same thing happen to me when quilting. Funnily enough it was the same sort of quilting you have used here so maybe that quilting style warps a bit?? Your little boy looks gorgeous in his halloween costume by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is interesting! I'll have to keep it in mind if I decide to try it again. And thanks, I think he had a good time :)

    ReplyDelete