Monday, September 3, 2012

End of August

August is over and I feel as though I didn't accomplish much at all.  The amount of pictures and half finished projects cluttering up my office tell a different story.  Kale has started to crawl and now sleeps less than ever which cuts into my already limited sewing time.  My husband threw out the idea of possibly getting me set up in a brick and mortar store (my dream!) sometime in the foreseeable future.

Here are a few of the projects that I DID manage to complete:

The second set of blocks for the Super Penguin Quilt Along

 
I'm using all of my different scraps so it will be extremely colorful!

 
I decided to use muslin as the background.

 
I finally finished the pillow for the nursery.  I hand stitched the felt hedgehog applique a couple of months ago and couldn't decide what to do with it.  I thought this would be a good way to use up some of the Moda scraps I had left over from his quilts.

 
I arranged a trade with a lady on Etsy.  I'm getting an amazing Oklahoma necklace and a Happy Camper keychain and in return I sent her this cute carseat canopy.

 
She picked the pattern.

 
And the fabrics.  And I'm very happy with how it came out!

 
My items seem to be doing well at the boutique in Claremore.  After two weeks they had requested more of my small items.  So I sent them a bunch of Keyring Clutches and Earbud Pouches.
 


I also sent them two different styles of Trick or Treat Bags (which I forgot to take pictures of, oops).
 
And with my new found love of paper piecing I had to find a way to make some smaller items out of them.  I found a great tutorial on how to make a covered notebook and my first attempt came out pretty well.

 
These are only a few of the projects that I have completed.  I hope to have photos taken and posted of the rest tomorrow. 
 
Hope everyone has a great, safe Labor Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment